ONLINE INDEXES AND DATABASES
Access from Off Campus
Who May Access Online Indexes and Databases From Off Campus
Barton College faculty, staff, and students can access most online databases, including those from NCLIVE, from their home or other off-campus computers by using their Barton username and password log in.
- For those library patrons who are not affiliated with Barton College but who are North Carolina residents, an NCLIVE password may be obtained from their local public library to access those resources. See our access instructions for more information.)
BARTON COMMUNITY: How to Access Online Indexes and Databases From Off Campus
- First, click on the link from our library home page to an NCLIVE index or database. Note: NCLIVE databases are denoted in our library pages by the following symbol:
- Next, type in your Barton College username and password (the same as you use to log on to the campus network).
- You should then be able to proceed into the selected database as if you were using it on campus.
NON-BARTON COMMUNITY: How to Access NCLIVE Databases from Off Campus
- If you are not a member of the Barton community and do not have a Barton log-in, you may obtain an NCLIVE password from any North Carolina library for which you have borrowing privileges and use that library's name and password to access NCLIVE resources.
- The links from our pages to these resources, however, will not work for you. Instead, go to the NCLIVE home page and access the resources from there. You will be asked to provide your library's username and password before entering the index(es) or database(s).
Having trouble with NCLIVE remote access? Make sure that you are using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as your browser. If you are accessing the internet through a browser other than IE or Firefox, minimize that browser so as not to lose your connection, then open up IE or Firefox to access the NCLIVE resources. Still need help? Contact the reference desk at (252) 399-6502 when we are open, or by email at email@example.com.
Last updated March 3, 2010